To have hitched in Nova Scotia, you must have a wedding Licence before you’ve got a wedding ceremony. The licence is valid for a couple of months through the date it’s granted.
You have to have a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is released.
You can easily look for a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the spiritual ceremony. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 folks who are at the very least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of marriage
At the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious associated with the peace or judge can give you a memento certification. This document just isn’t appropriate evidence of wedding.
After a wedding is registered, you can easily make an application for a marriage that is official, which can be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are likely to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you ought to contact the jurisdiction in which the wedding service will need location for certification and enrollment needs.
You could get married in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never currently hitched. You may need a finalized permission kind if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to finish the find-bride Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the authorized agent. If both events aren’t offered to use in person, contact Vital Statistics. You are able to submit an application for a licence and acquire hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
Just how to use
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or even A deputy issuer of wedding Licences in your community.
- Complete the application type form you are given by them.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re payment into the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious of this comfort or judge ahead of the marriage service.
The length of time it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could take more time if extra information is required or if your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash order must certanly be made payable to your Minister of Finance. Re Payment choices can vary greatly dependent on the method that you use.
Before you begin
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce or separation if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with the affidavit
- evidence of death if either person engaged and getting married is widowed
- written consent of the parents or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you plan to get married at a Registry workplace, at the least four weeks prior to the ceremony, both you and your partner must go to an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as 1 . 5 years.
You can easily lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps not yet 18, wants to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order can provide authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years are not allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding are lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding does occur following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Check out the eligibility needs.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary documents.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ switch.
- Go into the needed information.
- Attend your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re payment, and verify the time and date for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 18 months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you want assist in preparing your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, while the Registry gets in contact with you.
Re Payment techniques
You are able to review deal re re payment choices on our re re payment techniques web page.